- Category: Data Management
1. Is the intervention “research-based”?
a. Five criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of any instruction or intervention (Burns et al., 2008):
- Correctly targets skills
- Includes explicit instruction
- Provides appropriate level of challenge
- Allows high opportunity to respond
- Gives students immediate feedback
b. Clearinghouses for reviewing research evidence supporting effectiveness of intervention program/curriculum, or method/strategy
HVED-Specific Intervention Programs/Curricula and Methods/Strategies
- Find What Works - What Works Clearinghouse
- National Center on Response to Intervention Instructional Intervention Tools
- Best Evidence Encyclopedia
- Intervention Central Free Tools and Resources
- Evidence-Based Network Intervention Tools, Resources and Modeling Videos
- Khan Academy Instructional Videos
- FL Center for Reading Research Elem Reading Student Activities
2. If so, is enough time being allocated to deliver the intervention as intended?
3. Were staff sufficiently trained initially to implement the intervention as intended?
4. Have staff received adequate followup refresher trainings to ensure they haven’t drifted in their implementation of the intervention?
5. Are periodic fidelity checks being conducted to monitor whether the intervention is being implemented as intended?
Intervention Integrity Resources