- Category: Data Management
NOTES: Webinars' minute:second durations are listed (in parentheses). To pause, jump ahead or move back within one of the Training Webinar Recordings, you will need to use the features available in the bar at the very bottom of the window in which the recording is playing (see screenshot below). If you cannot see this bar at the bottom of your screen, either use your Internet menus to view the window in Full Screen mode or use the scroll bar on the righthand side of the recording window to scroll down.
Cognos (Administrative access only)
- How can I access graphs showing patterns and historical trends in students’ proficiency or growth on the MCA, NWEA MAP, AIMSweb tests at the grade, school or district level?
- How can I access graphs and tables showing the number and percent of students at each Fall, Winter and Spring benchmark NWEA MAP, AIMSweb or Scantron screening that are on track to be proficient at the end of year?
- How can I access graphs and tables showing patterns and historical trends in students' attendance, behavior, grades and test data at the grade, school or district level?
- Logging into Cognos and setting up your Portal (13:47)
- Accessing and navigating within Cognos 1-click graphs (37:30)
- Navigating within Cognos Workspaces (Administrative data dashboards) (16:47)
How can I access individual student data on the MCA, NWEA MAP, AIMSweb, Scantron or Explore/Plan tests for my class, grade, school or district to help identify whether most of my students are meeting standards and which students are not meeting standards?
- How can I access a complete standardized test history including MCA, GRAD, NWEA MAP, AIMSweb, Scantron and Explore/Plan data for an individual student all in one report?
- How can I access individual student attendance, behavior, grades and test data for my class, grade, school or district to help identify hether most of my students are meeting standards and which students are not meeting standards?
- Logging into iCue (13:55)
- iCue 1-click report - Updated 1/2/2012 (37:38)
- iCue Individual Student Report - Updated 1/2/2012 (21:47)
- iCue Personalized Learning Plan (PLP Plan) (19:06)
- iCue Personalized Learning Profile (22:13)
- NEW iCue Personalized Learning Profile (Teacher Data Dashboards) (24:54)
Basic features in Microsoft Excel that will make your life easier
One Microsoft Excel feature that will change your life
- Pivot tables and charts (27:49)
Using Microsoft Excel for progress monitoring
Using AIMSweb and Chart Dog
- Using NEW AIMSweb 2.0 data reporting system (Pearson) - TEACHER TRAINING (50:27)
- Using NEW AIMSweb 2.0 data reporting system (Pearson) - MANAGER TRAINING (56:39)
- Special Education teacher progress monitoring training (76:02)
- Special Education teacher progress monitoring training Power Point
- Using Chart Dog for progress monitoring (15:17)
2. How can I access and use websites with online intervention resources tailored to student performance on the subskill strands of the NWEA MAP or MCA tests?
- Games and activities tailored to NWEA MAP Math and Reading strand scores (12:46)
- Learning Point Navigator training Power Point
- AIR Learning Point Navigator webinar (29:03)
- Using new HVED website Intervention Resources page (22:21)
- Using Technology to Identify and Monitor the Effectiveness of Research-Based Interventions (89:46)
- POWER POINT – Using Technology to Identify and Monitor the Effectiveness of Research-Based Interventions
- Audio for the 2 short videos shown during the webinar did not record unfortunately. To play the first video from the EBI Network website demonstrating the Response Card Classwide Intervention, click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hhhK8c8RvYY. To play the second video from the AIR Learning Point Navigator website showing the science experiment, you will need to log into the Minnesota Assessments Portal and navigate to that resource as shown in the webinar. We apologize for the technical difficulty.
3. How can I make better sense of the results of standardized tests and use them to improve data-driven decision-making within my grade, school or district?
- Design, purpose and use of commonly administered assessments (originally presented to La Crescent-Hokah Public Schools) (29:01)
- Understanding changes to the Minnesota state assessment system 2013-2016 (19:56)
- Selected Data-Based Decision Making Materials (22:54)
- Using the Data Book PowerPoint (82:38)
- Creating or Improving the Effectiveness of Data Teams (74:54)
- HANDOUT 1 - Bernhardt multiple measures of data diagram (picture)
- HANDOUT 2 - Script and guiding questions for data teaming (Word document)
- HANDOUT 3 - What is a data coach and who would make a good one (Word document)
- POWER POINT - Creating or Improving the Effectiveness of Data Teams (PowerPoint)
- Using Formative Assessment to Improve Student Achievement (51:00)
- POWER POINT - Using Formative Assessment to Improve Student Achievement
- HANDOUT 1 - Bailey and Jakicic templates for creating common classroom assessments (pdf)
- HANDOUT 2 - Sample data for evaluating quality of common classroom test (pdf)
Pearson Webinar Series: Conversations About Assessment
Below is a link to a public page of the AIMSweb website with recordings of each in a free series of 7 webinars conducted by Dr. Mark Shinn, Professor of School Psychology and noted Curriculum-Based Measurement (CBM) and General Outcome Measurement (GOM) expert, called Conversations about Assessment that focuses on assessment and relevant topics in today’s education system.